The conference will take place at the Creta Maris Hotel in the town of Hersonissos (or Limin Hersonissou) located approximately 25 Km east of Heraklion.
You may arrive to Heraklion:
- By air from Athens, Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos and several European cities
- By car from other cities in Crete
- By Ferry-boat from Piraeus (174Nm) from Rhodes and other islands of Cyclades
Hersonissos (Limin Hersonissou) Crete island
Crete has an extensive network of roads and bus service connecting cities and villages. To travel around, one may use buses, taxis or rent cars; there numerous locations for car rentals including the airport.
Information on the Heraklion-Hersonissos trip:
- BY TAXI: You may take a taxi from the Heraklion airport or other places in the city. The trip lasts about 20-30mins and costs 27-30 Euros.
- BUS DIRECTLY FROM THE AIRPORT: Ever half hour (from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm including weekends) there are buses that leave form the city bus station, pass from the airport and go to Hersonissos. The ticket maybe bought on the bus and costs 2.5 Euros. To go to the Creta Maris or Albatros Hotels you need to get off in the fist Hersonissos bus stop in the Medical Center and walk for about 10 mins. For the SIlva Maris Hotel you need to walk more.
- BUS FROM THE CITY: If you wish for some reason to go first to the city you need to first take the city bus from the airport to the city that is located West of the Airport. You can buy the city bus ticket in the special kiosk outside the airport. The city bus stop is just outside the airport short term parking. You must go to the Heraklio-Lassithi Bus terminal station that is located near the port. There you can get a bus to Hersonissos.